Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Attitude photographer? BUCK off!


I always apply the power of nice to most people around me. But you can never expect a perfect world or people treating you the way you treat them. In short, there are Assholes around us.

Besides scammers and cheaters in photography world, there's another category that you should always try to avoid. Neck high attitude photographers who thinks they are more superior than models or thinks they can take bloody good photos.

In TFCD, usually there will not be any monetary exchange. I do not charge the photographer any single cents or proposed a TFCD rate. And I'm still being given attitude???? What the.....

I have to list this example here. His nick is known as Tan SLR. He approached me for a shoot in the beginning with a nice attitude.

Tan Slr July 20 at 11:44am
hi Novia,
I am attempting a bridal fashion shoot in late Aug. I would like invite you as one of the preferred models. Let me know your thots.

Its going to be very different from the everyday white bridal gowns..

Novia Lim July 20 at 11:46am
Hi there!

Bridal fashion especially something different sounds very exciting! Count me in!

Cheers,
Novia

Tan Slr July 20 at 11:50am
cool.... yippie..
brief concept outline... today's bridal shoots are usually White... ya...

I am attempting to do a full RED and BLACK wedding gown shoot.. for the morning, evening will be RED/BLACK evening gowns... I will leave you out of the Bridal Lingerie shoot session...

Raymond...

He's still nice enough to study my portfolio to know that I don't do lingerie theme.

But afterwards, attitude starts to surface... As it is a bridal gown shoot, I'm required to go down to the bridal studio for gown fitting. I preempted him on the days that I will not be available for fitting but realised that the schedules he has given is way too tight as I have travel plannings during August period. He attempted to squeeze three models schedules into each individual fittings and seems to forget which days I'm not available. He started to be extremely impatient and his messages changed into short and extremely straightforward. Lastly, he did not mentioned that it will be a two full day shoot. I'm ok with both days but will need to leave early for day 1 around 5pm. He did not want to shift his timing to start from morning and simply replied. "Then I have to drop you."

There's nothing wrong with a shoot did not turn out to be. Quite often we have some shoots that didn't materialize in the end. But what's with the bad attitude? The most childish part? He removed me from his facebook account!!! Get a life dude!

PS: My friend saw his bridal photos and told me they didn't look good. Karma.... *Kiaks*

0 comments:

Post a Comment