Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My First "Wallop" Cooking Experience


wal·lop (wŏl'əp)
v. wal·loped, wal·lop·ing, wal·lops
1. To beat soundly; thrash.
2. To strike with a hard blow.
3. To defeat thoroughly.

Yes.... I was WALLOPED or beaten up by my parents for attempting to cook when I was probably around ten years old. That was the time when I was at my granny's house, feeling hungry and decided to whip up a meal for myself since nobody was home. Hence using monkey-see-monkey-do tactic, I heated up some oil in a wok. I remember throwing in garlic and some ingredients followed by rice and stir fry everything as if I'm a chef from a 6-star restaurant. Before I could finish cooking, my granny returned home and I then realized the entire house was filled with smoke from the overheated wok.

So did I managed to eat my self prepared meal? Nah.... But of course granny prepared food for me and told my parents about my attempt to "burn" down the house.

Nevertheless, I'm so going to the movie Julie & Julia! Food related movies are always my favorite!

julie_julia_338x178-Final

1 comments:

Unknown | October 16, 2009 at 1:33 AM

Sounds like me when I try to cook in the kitchen!
- The Phantom Critic :-)

Post a Comment