Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sun With Moon Japanese Dining & Cafe


I'm actually amazed that I have not been to Sun with Moon despite hearing good raves about them. Time for verdict, let's see how well they fare with their first impression with me!

Salmon Pink Dragon Roll, $13.80 4stars

Very exquisite and well executed sushi roll. The creamy and sweet crab avocado is well balanced with fresh thinly sliced salmon. Perfected with a hint of lemon slice and salty fish roe. Yumz!

Yellow Tail Sashimi, $17.80 4stars

You cannot go wrong with fresh sashimi. The yellow tail here passed my stringent taste test as it has a subtle sweetness and almost melts in my mouth. It can be quite costly for 5 slices of fish but it's definitely an eye candy as it is plated delicately on top of craved ice accompanied with seaweed by the side.

Hokkaido Ramen, $15.80 3.5stars

The buttery taste really retained my attention but the noodle is slightly too soft for my liking. Comfort food and nice combination for the chilly night.

Okonomiyaki, $12.80 3.5stars

Pan fried very nicely but I love my okonomiyaki to be serve with more sauce!

Goshoimo Mentaiko Cheese Yaki, $15.80 4stars

This dish is very pleasing! They balanced the rich taste with broccoli. Cheesy and not too overpowering to the taste buds.

Kamameshi

The signature dish of Sun with Moon is the Kamameshi, a more delicate cousin of our local claypot rice. The kamameshi is served with a small hourglass on top. When the time is up, you can then lift the lid and start enjoying this dish. A bit gimmicky but cute and delightful nonetheless.

Unagi & Asari Kamameshi, $15.80 3.5stars

I had the unagi and clam kamameshi. The unagi was juicy but the clams were a little too dry and not too sweet. It definitely satisfy my carb cravings and can be quite filling.

I was quite impressed with the overall experience in Sun with Moon and will definitely return again!


501 Orchard Road
#03-15 Wheelock Place

+65 6733 6636

Operating Hours:
Mon-Thu, Sun & PH: 11.30am - 11.00pm;
Fri-Sat & PH Eve: 11.30am - Midnight

Food: 4stars
Ambience: 4stars
Value: 3.5stars
Service: 4stars

This article is also publish on The Temasek Review
The Temasek Review is an internet newspaper which aims to provide an independent, balanced and unbiased coverage on socio-political affairs in Singapore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment