Friday, January 15, 2010

Wax in the City



Picked up a marketing call from Wax in the city two days ago and they invited me down to their store for a $5 manicure or $6 pedicure. Appointment was at 7 and I went down to the branch in Tanjong Pagar. Reaching on time, I was told that I have to wait till 7:15 for my manicure treatment as it was a rainy day and the schedule was pushed back. Bad weather and just 15 minutes, why not? *Continues to poke on iPhone and blasting music with my earphones.*

The entire place was spacious and nicely done up. But all the therapists seems to have an *overworked* face and gave a I-don't-wanna-talk-to-you attitude. Ok... Maybe I was wrong, my therapist was actually pretty friendly. I'm not too sure about the reason why they did not have the procedure of soaking hands into warm water before cutting the cuticles. They simply spray some *I presume* anti bacteria liquid before they proceed to cutting off my dead skin. Everything went smoothly and chop-chop. I picked dark glitter romantic purple this time round. Trendy and classic, nice! Then they will usher you to another holding area where you hang around to dry your nails. *Tactical method to sell their package as they can talk to you when you are bored watching paint dry* Perhaps I don't have the look of a potential member, no sales talk till then...

15-20 mins later, my nails were dry and I went to the counter to make payment. I was actually very curious about the membership in this place and hence wanted to know more about the package details. And woah...... Most basic account is $988 dollars that will give you a discounted membership pricing and bonus value around 30%. E.g. Classic manicure $18 dollars and classic pedicure $28 VS normal pricing classic manicure $28 and classic pedicure $38. And they tried to hype up their exclusiveness by claiming that they only service members and not walk in customers. Oh well, I did not take up the package as I love butterflying around and enjoy the flexibility to choose where I can have my nails done up. But hey... $5 for a classic manicure? Haha! Why not?


Super glittery nails!

1 comments:

Anonymous | April 6, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Hope you didnt join..it's a scam. They closed down :(

Post a Comment